Pedestrian killed Newport News
UPDATE 11:25 a.m.: Kegan Michael Bilger, 29, has been charged with one count each of driving under the influence offense of alcohol (2nd offense) and involuntary manslaughter. He's in the Newport News City Jail.
The victim has been identified as 27-year-old Patrick Michael Farrow of Newport News.
Kegan was convicted of first offense DUI in York County in March 2010 for an accident that occurred on July 29, 2009, according to online court records.
NEWPORT NEWS -- A man walking on the side of a road in Newport News was killed early Friday when he was hit by a pick-up truck.
Police were called to the area of Lees Mill Drive and Warwick Blvd. around 2:30 a.m. by the driver, said police spokeswoman Holly McPherson.
She said the victim had been walking on the side of the road coming from the Ft. Eustis off ramp onto south bound Warwick Blvd. when the truck struck him.
This particular area is poorly lit, McPherson noted.
The investigation into the crash continues and no charges have been placed against the 29-year-old driver at this time.
The offramp is closed for the investigation.