Fire destroys Chesapeake home

Print
Email
|

by Carl Leimer, 13News

WVEC.com

Posted on June 20, 2013 at 6:17 AM

Updated Thursday, Jun 20 at 5:11 PM

Chesapeake house fire

View larger map

CHESAPEAKE - An early-morning fire casued by an unattended candle destroyed a house in Chesapeake.

A man was inside the Stewart Avenue house, but he wasn't hurt. Authorities say the house was supposed to be vacant and had no power.  The man was using candles as a source of light. 

Firefighters got to the house around 1:30 a.m. and the house was already engulfed in flames.

The two neighboring homes were damaged. One was vacant and a woman in the other was evacuated until the fire was out.

"The houses were so close together and crews did a great keeping the fire contained," said Battalion Chief Sam Gulisano.

 

 

Print
Email
|