Position: Social Media Coordinator
Department: Digital Media
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field
- Exceptional knowledge of social media platforms and industry best practices
- 2 yrs of social media content experience preferably in newsroom environment
- Strong writing ability and news judgment
- Broad knowledge of internet production methods, HTML, graphics, content management systems
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure, meeting daily assigned deadlines and long-term goals
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Work schedule is primarily night shift M-F, flexibility required to work other times on fill-in basis.
- Update content on variety of digital platforms, including website, social media, and mobile
- Increase social media metrics and engagement with audience on all platforms, leverage social media to increase TV ratings and revenue
- Develop, monitor and achieve social media metric goals
- Train staff in social media practices and workflow
- Interact with staff at other company-owned stations to share tactics and best practices
- Monitor daily news flow and track scheduled news events to ensure proper site coverage
- Work with news and other station departments as a point of contact regarding social media content gathering & reporting
- Drive social media breaking news coverage & expand WVEC-TV & WVEC.com presence with existing & emerging media platforms
Please apply to:
613 Woodis Avenue
Norfolk, VA 23510
No phone calls please.
WVEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of this station not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of the person's age, race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, or any other protected classes. Discriminatory practices are specifically prohibited by Belo and the Federal Communications Commission.