Do you love high school sports? Want to help build Hampton Roads premiere online high school sports site and community?
WVEC TV is looking for a well-organized and highly motivated individual to help grow our hyper-local High School sports product. In this role, you will develop, grow and maintain a grassroots social community with a loyalty to WVEC, sharing content about their athletes, their schools and their communities. Strong communication skills are a must as you will be the “Champion” in editorial meetings charged with pushing High School content across all of our distribution platforms. The candidate we need is aggressive in their decision making and allows their creativity to grow stronger engagement with consumers. You will have a tremendous opportunity to help redefine our local sports coverage.
• Build and maintain a grassroots social community that includes key high school figures and influencers throughout the market.
• Develop and execute weekly high school coverage content plan.
• Uses personal relationships to produce daily enterprise content for on-air, online, mobile and tablet.
• Consistently uses social media tools to find audience, communicate with influencers and create market buzz.
• Produces follow-ups to big stories beyond initial reporting.
• Contacts appropriate people to move stories beyond basic report.
• Maintains content on our high school product.
• 1-2 years of web/social media experience. College degree in journalism or an equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
• Must be self motivator with good time management and strong communication skills.
• Builds and maintains extensive rolodex of key influencers in the high school space.
• Strong Social media skills and experience in growing followers on all accounts.
• Conduct on-site visits to training camps, conferences, influencer groups and more.
• Flexible schedule required, some night and weekend work will be part of this job.
Send resume, cover letter, references, and relevant links to previous work to firstname.lastname@example.org