Production Assistant - Full-time. WVEC-TV seeks a full-time Production Assistant who will assist in the production of live newscasts and recorded television programming in a variety of roles. This position requires previous experience in all phases of television studio production. Serves on production crew to include studio camera operation, floor directing, character generator, teleprompter and audio. College degree in a related field or equivalent experience is required.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
• Strong overall knowledge of audio/video equipment common to television productions
• Mastery of a multi-channel live audio board
• Excellent ability to operate a studio camera
• Strong communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
• Exceptional typing, spelling and grammar skills
• Excellent ability to display initiative, think quickly and take appropriate action
• Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
• Strong ability to work well under stress and deal with difficult situations calmly
• Basic to advanced knowledge of studio lighting which requires climbing tall ladders
• Flexible and available to work extended hours and meet unexpected work demands
• Strong work ethic, positive attitude and leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks
• Ability to work independently and be an effective member of a team
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or send to Human Resources, WVEC-TV, 613 Woodis Avenue, Norfolk, Virginia, 23510. No phone calls. WVEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.