WVEC ABC13 in Norfolk, VA is seeking a strategic and innovative Digital Sales Manager.
This position requires strong business leadership and an entrepreneurial spirit. The Digital Sales Manager will be responsible for leading a team of digital sellers, attaining digital revenue goals and defining new revenue opportunities. The position will report to the Director of Sales to execute successful digital sales strategies across integrated and direct sales teams.
To that end, this person will be responsible for the following items:
• Set, meet and exceed aggressive interactive revenue goals
• Hire, lead, manage and develop a team of best-in-market digital sales executives
• Build strong relationships with industry and agency decision makers
• Establish a clear vision for the department from revenue to behavior; set goals and standards, monitor performance and hold team members accountable
• Drive profitable growth through management of ad inventory across core site and audience extension networks
• Provide thorough and accurate forecasts
• Price and package new interactive products and report on their sales success or challenges
• Create and maintain smooth workflow processes between station departments to create effective integrated sales systems and guarantee operational efficiency
• Fully understand technologies that are foundational to the digital advertising enterprise
• Remain current on industry trends in the digital space; e.g., mobile, display, video, SEM, email marketing
• Provide timely coaching and candid feedback to insure goal achievement and career growth of direct reports
Essential Qualifications include…
• Extensive knowledge of digital sales processes, digital platforms, technical markets, pricing models, channels of distribution, technology trends, customer buying patterns and budgeting
• Ability to attract, develop and retain strong team members who achieve their performance goals
• Action-oriented, effective communicator with strong leadership and development skills
• Strong initiative and decision making skills without daily guidance
• Confident personality and strong sense of urgency
• Ability to think strategically, act tactically and effectively manage multiple projects
The most qualified candidate will also possess:
• College degree in Sales and Marketing, Business Administration, Communications or related field
• 5+ years work experience in digital media including 3+ years managing a digital sales team
• Proven track record of building, developing and training strong digital sales teams
• A track record of successfully generating revenue for the company and advertisers
We offer an outstanding salary and bonus package; comprehensive benefits on date of hire, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, paid time off, and 401(k). Our team members also enjoy working in the fun and exciting atmosphere of a major media organization with local and national advancement opportunities.
For more information on the beautiful coastal community of Hampton Roads, please follow this link: http://www.hamptonroadschamber.com/page/hampton-roads/
Qualified candidates should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.