WVEC-TV13, the ABC affiliate in the Norfolk/ Virginia Beach, VA market is looking for a talented, highly motivated Creative Services Photographer/Commercial Producer/Editor. As a part of our award winning Creative Services Team, you will work to develop concepts and write and produce station client commercials. There is also a heavy emphasis on video photography. Responsibilities include shooting commercial spots as well as station image campaigns, sweeps promos and long form station productions.
• Conceive, write, coordinate, shoot, and edit all video and audio materials necessary for the production of commercials for television and other platforms for station clients.
• Work directly with both clients and station Sales Account Executives.
• Effectively manage multiple projects.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications for this position include:
• Bachelor’s degree in Communication or related field.
• Comfortable working directly with station commercial clients.
• 2-5 years’ commercial production/creative services experience.
• Experience with Sony F-3 Camera preferred.
• Field production experience including lighting skills.
• Strong writing skills.
• Non-linear editing skills and experience.
• Proficient knowledge in Adobe Premiere & Adobe AfterEffects editing systems.
• Knowledge & experience using Adobe Photoshop.
• Experience with operation and maintenance of Mac-based computers.
• Ability and experience using graphics and animations in production of commercials and promotional projects.
• Must be detailed-oriented and able to provide complete follow-through on responsibilities with minimal supervision.
• Other duties as required.
Must have demonstrated the ability to learn quickly, produce imaginative work under deadline pressure and function effectively with our other team members, Sales team & Clients.
To apply, forward a resume’, cover letter and demo reel or link to your past work to:
613 Woodis Avenue
Norfolk, VA 23510
No phone calls please.
WVEC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of this station not to discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of the person's age, race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, or any other protected classes. Discriminatory practices are specifically prohibited by Belo and the Federal Communications Commission.