NC mother, 3 children suffer CO poisoning in home

Print
Email
|

Associated Press

Posted on January 4, 2010 at 12:35 PM

Updated Tuesday, Jan 5 at 8:37 AM

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) — Authorities say a North Carolina mother and her three young children were rushed to a hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning after she cooked on a charcoal grill inside their apartment.

Multiple media outlets report the Charlotte family was rescued Sunday evening after a neighbor's carbon monoxide detector went off.

Upstairs neighbor Edward Kennedy said he called 911 after he realized where the smoke was coming from and knocked on their door without an answer.

Charlotte Fire Department Capt. Mark Basnight said the mother had been cooking vegetables on a charcoal grill inside.

Firefighters found the four inside, semiconscious and unable to move. The children were ages 10 and under.

Authorities say the family was treated and released from the hospital.

Print
Email
|