UPDATE 1:30 p.m.: Crews have cleared the scene. Personnel isolated the problem to rooftop HVAC units.
SUFFOLK -- The Walmart on Main Street in Suffolk has been evacuated after carbon monoxide was detected in the store.
Crews were called to the store around 9:38 a.m. after a worker reported smelling gas in the store.
The store was evacuated at 9:44 a.m. and won't reopen until the building is deemed safe.
Virginia Natural Gas secured the gas lines to the building as a precautionary measure, said City spokeswoman Diana Klink says Walmart’s regional maintenance personnel will work to isolate the cause of the detection of carbon monoxide and the odor of gas.