NORFOLK -- CHKD is gearing up for its annual Run Walk for the Kids. It's June 14 at Town Point Park on the downtown Norfolk waterfront.
What is the Run Walk?
•The RunWalk for the Kids is a community-wide project designed to encourage exercise and healthy lifestyles in families and children. The event is a project of The King's Daughters to benefit Children's Hospital of The King's Daughters.
•It is a great way for families to come out and exercise together for a good cause and to learn about the many programs the hospital has to help kids stay healthy and fit.
• CHKD has the area’s only pediatric sports medicine program and the area’s only pediatric weight management program, which is the # 1 public health issue facing the United States today.
"We are encouraging everyone to come out and get some exercise to support CHKD by participating in the Run/Walk. All the funds raised by the event will go to support CHKD and its special programs for children," says Sam Fabian, CHKD's Community Outreach Program manager.
What about the CHKD and Kohl’s FitKids Family Day event?
•We are encouraging families to come for the run and stay for the CHKD/Kohl’s FitKids Family Day event that will encourage everyone to get up and move!
• On stage sing and dance with the Hurrah Players as they sing favorites from Disney’s the Little Mermaid and other Broadway favorites and with the group - Teens with a Purpose Step and Dance show
• Other performances on stage will include the Virginia Wesleyan Soccer team players showing off their juggling and dribbling skills, Virginia Martial Arts Center Demonstrations, Zumba with Nadia and some mad science experiments.
• Meet Healthy Bear and Mini and Mickey Mouse and play with giant bubbles from the Children’s museum
• We can’t forget the inflatable sport activities and slides. There will be something for everyone.
When will this take place?
June 14th at Town Point Park, Norfolk
Race Registration @ 6:15 /First Race
Kohls FitKids Family Fun Day starts at 10 am following the Children’s 1 mile fun-run
To sign up, click here.
NOTE: You do not have to participate in the race to come to the Fun Day event.