Unattended cooking blamed for Greenbrier hotel fire

Print
Email
|

by 13News Now

WVEC.com

Posted on January 29, 2014 at 10:13 PM

CHESAPEAKE -- Unattended cooking is being blamed for sparking a fire at a Greenbrier hotel Wednesday night. 

 
Firefighters responded to the Extended Stay America in the 800 block of Greenbrier Circle around 7:45 p.m. Wednesday. 
 
Heavy smoke was seen coming from the second floor of the hotel when crews arrived on scene, according to Chesapeake Fire Captain Scott Saunders. 
 
The fire was quickly extinguished by a sprinkler system inside the building, Saunders said. Nobody was hurt. 
 
An investigation is still underway. 
 
 
 

Print
Email
|