NORFOLK--All lanes on Interstate 64 East at the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel will close Sunday morning from 1-6 a.m. as maintenance crews test on the tunnel's tide gates.
The testing was originally scheduled for May 11th. Westbound lanes will remain open.
VDOT is telling drivers travelling eastbound to use the Monitor Merrimac Memorial Bridge Tunnel as an alternative during the closure and use the following communication channels for traffic updates:
• VDOT variable message signs and work zone directional signage
• Call 511, visit 511virginia.org, or download Virginia’s free 511 mobile app
• Listen to Highway Advisory Radio (HAR) 1680 AM
• Call the Traffic Information Line at 757-361-3016 for current traffic and travel information
• Follow VDOT on Twitter @VaDOTHR