No injuries in Norfolk residential fire

No injuries in Norfolk residential fire

Credit: Karen Hopkins

No injuries in Norfolk residential fire

Print
Email
|

by Karen Hopkins, 13News Now

WVEC.com

Posted on July 8, 2014 at 2:20 PM

Updated Tuesday, Jul 8 at 2:20 PM

NORFOLK -- Fire and Rescue were called to a residential fire at 2500 block of Minnesota Avenue.  Fire was started because of charcoal placed in trash can in front of the house according to authorities.  The fire started outside but traveled up into the attic.  The crews had to tear apart some of the house to extinguish the fire. 

The house had smoke alarms that weren't working.  The family got out in time and no injuries were reported.  The house is now uninhabitable. 

Print
Email
|