Update: Unattended candle sparks 2-alarm fire in Norfolk

Print
Email
|

by 13News Now

WVEC.com

Posted on February 8, 2014 at 12:21 AM

Updated Saturday, Feb 8 at 11:21 AM

NORFOLK -- Firefighters responded to a 2-alarm fire at an apartment complex in Norfolk Friday night. 

The fire broke out in the 1400 block of West Ocean View Avenue just before 10:30 p.m.
 
One person, a woman, was transported to the hospital and treated for smoke inhalation, according to Norfolk Fire Chief Julian Williamson. 
 
Six people were also displaced after four apartments were damaged. 
 
The fire has been ruled ruled accidental. Flames started in the bedroom of a second floor apartment after a candle was left unattended.
 
It is unclear for the apartment had working smoking alarms.
 
No other injuries were reported.
 

 

Print
Email
|