Fire in Whaleyville puts five people out of home, kills eight pets

Fire in Whaleyville puts five people out of home, kills eight pets

Credit: Suffolk Fire & Rescue

Fire in Whaleyville puts five people out of home, kills eight pets

Print
Email
|

by 13News Now

WVEC.com

Posted on June 9, 2014 at 12:12 AM

Updated Monday, Jun 9 at 12:12 AM

House Fire in Whaleyville

View larger map

SUFFOLK -- Five people were put out of their home because of a fire that killed eight pets in Whaleyville Sunday evening.

Suffolk Fire & Rescue and the Suffolk Police Department were at the house in the 200 block of Collins Road shortly after 6:00 p.m.

Flames were coming through the roof and windows of the single-story modular home when firefighters got there.

Family and friends are helping the people displaced by the fire. Four cats, a dog, and three snakes died in it. No people were hurt.

Investigators determined it started accidentally in the kitchen.

Print
Email
|