Electrical fire damages Norfolk duplex

Electrical fire damages Norfolk duplex

Credit: Norfolk Fire Dept.

Fire at a duplex on Elizabeth Avenue started in the electrical box, official say.

Print
Email
|

by 13News Now

WVEC.com

Posted on March 10, 2014 at 9:11 AM

Updated Monday, Mar 10 at 10:45 AM

Norfolk duplex fire

View larger map

 NORFOLK -- Fire at a Norfolk duplex apparently started in the electrical box.

Firefighters were called to Elizabeth Avenue around 8:25 a.m. and found smoke coming from one part of the home. The fire was under control in about 20 minutes.

Virginia Dominion Power was called out and removed the electrical service to the duplex.  Most of the fire damaged was contained to the area around the electrical box.

Battalion Chief Julian Williamson said there were no working smoke alarms in either apartment.

The Red Cross is helping the people who live in the duplex because they can't stay there until repairs are made.

Print
Email
|