Space heater, combustibles blamed for house fire in Portsmouth

Space heater, combustibles blamed for house fire in Portsmouth

Credit: Eric Kane, 13News Now

Space heater, combustibles blamed for house fire in Portsmouth

Print
Email
|

by 13News Now

WVEC.com

Posted on November 24, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Updated Sunday, Nov 24 at 10:45 PM

PORTSMOUTH -- An electric space heater placed too close to combustibles is to blame for a house fire in the 1700 block of Holladay Street Sunday night.

Deputy Chief Jim Hoffler told 13News Now the fire started on the second floor of the home which housed more than one family.

Firefighters had the flames knocked down in about 5 minutes. No one was hurt.

The American Red Cross is helping 2 adults who live in the unit on the second floor of the home.

Other people living in the house should be able to stay there without a problem.

Print
Email
|