Posted on February 4, 2014 at 10:50 PM
Tuesday, Feb 4 at 11:36 PM
VIRGINIA BEACH -- A two-story home in Va. Beach sustained significant damage Tuesday afternoon following a chimney fire.
Firefighters responded to the call in the 3800 block of Prince Andrew Court around 5:30 p.m.
Flames were seen shooting through the roof when crews arrived on scene, according to the Virginia Beach Fire Department. Firefighters managed to put out the flames about 30 minutes later.
Firefighters say two people were inside the home at the time, but they managed to escape unharmed.
Fire damage was estimated to be heavy to the second floor and attic of the home.