27th St. house fire
NORFOLK - 12 people got out safely when fire started in their Norfolk home early Monday.
One man was taken to the hospital for breathing in too much smoke, fire officials said.
The seven children and five adults were in the house on W. 27th Street when fire started around 3:10 a.m.
Investigators got the fire under control about 15 minutes after they arrived. They say it looks it was caused by an electrical problem in a front room on the first floor.
Fire officials added they didn't see evidence of working smoke detectors in the home. If you need one, call 664-6616 to schedule installation of a free smoke detector.