Sammy Hagar won't redo beach bar damaged by Sandy

Sammy Hagar won't redo beach bar damaged by Sandy

Credit: Getty Images for Keep Memory Ali

LAS VEGAS, NV - FEBRUARY 18: (EXCLUSIVE COVERAGE) Recording Artist Sammy Hagar arrives at the Keep Memory Alive foundation's "Power of Love Gala" celebrating Muhammad Ali's 70th birthday at the MGM Grand Garden Arena February 18, 2012 in Las Vegas, Nevada. The event benefits the Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health and the Muhammad Ali Center. (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images for Keep Memory Alive)

Print
Email
|

by Associated Press

Associated Press

Posted on March 12, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Updated Wednesday, Mar 13 at 5:33 PM

ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. (AP) — He can't drive 55, and he can't reach a deal to rebuild a beach bar damaged by Superstorm Sandy, either.

Rocker Sammy Hagar won't be back in Atlantic City this summer. He failed to reach a deal with the casino company that owns a bar that had been known as Sammy's Beach Bar for the past three years.

The former Van Halen singer says on his website he couldn't agree with Caesars Entertainment on a deal to operate the bar this summer. Hagar says he's looking for a new partnership in the region.

A Caesars spokeswoman says the bar will be repaired and open by May under the name Bally's Beach Bar. She says the disagreement with Hagar was purely financial.

Hagar now fronts the band Chickenfoot.

Print
Email
|