Electrical problem sparked fire that destroyed Chesapeake trailer

Print
Email
|

by 13News Now

WVEC.com

Posted on July 15, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Updated Tuesday, Jul 16 at 6:49 AM

CHESAPEAKE-- Fire investigators say an electrical issue sparked fire that destroyed a mobile home Monday afternoon in Chesapeake.

Authorities were called to the 2700 block of Ike Street around 3:30 p.m. and saw flames and dark smoke rising from the home that belonged to Cathy McClain and Mark Hall.

It took about 30 minutes for firefighters to put out the fire.

"I don' tknow what I'm going to do. I've got no clothes. I've got nothing," he said.

Officials say McClain was taken to the hospital for breathing in too much smoke. She was treated and released.

There were no other injuries.

 

 

Print
Email
|