NORFOLK-With temperatures forecasted to fall well below freezing, the pipes in your home are at risk of bursting.
Experts have these tips to reduce that chance:
- Allow a steady drip of cold water to flow from the highest faucet in your home. Moving water will not freeze.
- Disconnect any garden hoses and drain outdoor pipes.
- Cover exposed pipes and faucets with insulation.
- If you have plumbing near an outside wall, open cabinet doors under sinks so room heat can reach the pipes.
- Know where your home's shut-off valve is so you can turn off the water if your pipes break.