Extra precautions after rumor of violence at NC school

Print
Email
|

by Cleve Bryan, 13News

WVEC.com

Posted on January 15, 2013 at 4:14 PM

Updated Tuesday, Jan 15 at 7:01 PM

NORTHAMPTON CO., NC - There was extra security at Northampton County High School in Conway, NC on Tuesday after rumors spread about threats being made.

Superintendent Eric Bracy said the school district asked the police department for added security to complement the school's three resource officers.

So far the threats have been unfounded, he explained, but he wouldn't comment on the nature of the rumors.

Bracy stressed the school was never on lockdown.

The sheriff's office said the school resource officer was made aware of the rumor.  Students had to pass through metal detectors this morning and no weapons were recovered, officials stated.

 

 

Print
Email
|