Virginia Beach woman burned by hot grease from propane deep fryer

Print
Email
|

by 13News Now

WVEC.com

Posted on April 23, 2014 at 8:48 AM

Updated Wednesday, Apr 23 at 5:42 PM

VIRGINIA BEACH -- A woman is being treated for 2nd degree burns after a propane deep fryer flared up while she was cooking.

Firefighters were called to the 3400 block of Pasture Lane around 8:20 a.m. Wednesday.

Battalion Chief Amy Valdez said it appears the woman had been cooking in the garage. 

"She was injured when she tried to drag it out. Hot grease spilled on her clothing, burning her on her face, forearms, legs and feet," Valdez explained.

She is being treated at Sentara Norfolk General Hospital.

Damage to the home was contained to grease burns on the carpet in garage.

Print
Email
|