One person injured in Va. Beach apartment fire

One person injured in Va. Beach apartment fire

One person injured in Va. Beach apartment fire

Print
Email
|

by 13News Now

WVEC.com

Posted on June 30, 2014 at 10:12 PM

Updated Tuesday, Jul 1 at 5:20 AM

VIRGINIA BEACH-- A man was injured in a kitchen fire Monday night.

Firefighters were called to the 500 block of Spring Lake Cresent around 8 p.m.. 

According to a fire department spokesperson, two men were cooking fish on a stove when it got away from them. The fire spread into the attic of the apartment. The two men tried to put the fire out with an extinguisher, but they were unsuccessful.

One of the men suffered first and second degree burns to his forearm and was taken to a local hospital. 

The amount of damage to the building is still being investigated.
 

Print
Email
|