VIRGINIA BEACH -- Fireworks that were originally scheduled for Friday night at the Oceanfront, Mount Trashmore Park, and First Landing State Park have been rescheduled to Saturday night, July 5, due to the threat of Tropical Storm Arthur.
Fireworks had been scheduled for 9:30 p.m. Friday at all three locations. Instead, fireworks will be at the same time Saturday.
At Mount Trashmore, all events that were scheduled for Friday will be moved to Saturday.
At the Oceanfront, some of the events scheduled for Friday night – Symphonicity, the Virginia Beach Chorale and fireworks – will be moved to Saturday night.
Here is the new schedule for all the events at the Oceanfront and Mount Trashmore Park:
• 17th Street Park – 8 to 10:30 p.m. – Chester B’s Motown Tribute Show
• 24th Street Park – 8 to 10:45 p.m. – The English Channel
• 31st Street Park – 8 to 10:30 p.m. – 52nd Street (Billy Joel tribute) and Captain Fantastic (Elton John tribute)
• 20th Street on the beach – 8 to 9:30 p.m. – Symphonicity and the Virginia Beach Chorale
• 9:30 p.m. - Fireworks
All events are canceled
Events will be held 4 to 9:30 p.m. Admission is free. Limited onsite parking is $5.
• 4 to 6 p.m.: Local band User Friendly kicks off the Independence Day celebration with their classic and modern rock covers, plus heartfelt original songs.
• 7 to 9:30 p.m.: Local music sensation The Deloreans is a high-energy, versatile ‘80s cover band that will get everyone on their feet, dancing to retro classics by ‘80s artists like The Go-Go’s, Flock of Seagulls, Duran Duran, The Bangles, Huey Lewis & The News and so much more.
• 4 to 8 p.m.: Free children’s activities and games, including inflatables, will be available, provided by Awaken Church. Mason Lodge District 56 will make child I.D. cards at no cost.
• 9:30 p.m. (new time): Zambelli, the “First Family of Fireworks,” will amaze the crowd with its spectacular fireworks show.