House fire displaces family in Virginia Beach

House fire displaces family in Virginia Beach

House fire displaces family in Virginia Beach

Print
Email
|

by 13 News

WVEC.com

Posted on December 21, 2012 at 9:34 PM

Updated Friday, Oct 25 at 5:07 PM

Kitchen fire displaces family

View larger map

VIRGINIA BEACH-- The holidays took a sad turn for a Virginia Beach family Friday night.

A fire broke out in their home in the 5500 block of Rutledge Road around 7:24 p.m. Luckily everyone in the house at the time got out ok.

Firefighters had the fire under control by around 7:45 p.m. The house's kitchen sustained heavy fire damage and there was smoke damage throughout the rest of the home.

Two adults and 4 children were displaced.  Fire personnel also rescued two cats and a dog.  There were no injuries. 

The fire has been ruled accidental and the Red Cross was called to help the family.

Print
Email
|