Firefighter suffers heat exhaustion at Norfolk house fire

Firefighter suffers heat exhaustion at Norfolk house fire

Firefighter suffers heat exhaustion at Norfolk house fire

Print
Email
|

by 13 News

WVEC.com

Posted on May 9, 2013 at 7:33 PM

NORFOLK-- A firefighter at the scene of a house fire was taken to the hospital for observation on Thursday after suffering from heat exhaustion. 

According to Capt. Mike Hicks, the firefighter was in the house in the 100 block of West Leicester when he started feeling light headed.  He came out of the house and was attended to in the front yard.

Firefighters were called to the two story home around 3:30 p.m. When they arrived, there was fire and smoke showing.

Units were able to bring the fire under control quickly.

Hicks said the fire was accidental and started by a roof contractor working on the house.
 

Print
Email
|