Photos: Fire forces 14 from duplex in Virginia Beach

Print
Email
|

by 13News Now

WVEC.com

Posted on July 31, 2014 at 5:00 AM

Updated Thursday, Jul 31 at 6:25 AM

Va. Beach duplex fire

View larger map

VIRGINIA BEACH -- 14 people were forced from their homes when fire swept through one side of a duplex in Virginia Beach.  

Crews were called to the 100 block of Morrison Avenue around 3:10 a.m. by a neighbor, authorities told WVEC.com.

Firefighters believe the fire started in the kitchen of the unit on the back of the building, but the danger forced everyone out.

Four people, including a firefighter, suffered minor injuries. A teenager was taken to the hospital for further treatment.

Investigators say unattended cooking is to blame for the fire.

The Red Cross is on the scene to assist residents who need help.

Print
Email
|