NORFOLK-- A man escapes a fire after smelling smoke early Sunday morning.
Around 6 a.m. on Sunday morning a fire broke out at in a one-story house in the 300 block of Rogers Avenue.
The person living in the house was outside when fire crews came on the scene. He told the first unit that arrived, that the fire was in a utility room in the house.
Fire officials say that the fire started when flammible items were sitting too close to a heat source.
The flames were contained to the utility room but there is smoke damage throughout the house.
No one was injured in the fire.