Four displaced by fire in Norfolk home

Four displaced by fire in Norfolk home

Credit: Carl Leimer, 13News

Norfolk fire investigators believe a problem with the extension cord caused the fire in this Kirby Crescent home.

Print
Email
|

by 13News

WVEC.com

Posted on March 25, 2013 at 7:52 AM

Updated Monday, Mar 25 at 9:01 AM

NORFOLK - Four people can't stay in their home because of an early morning fire.

The residents of the Kirby Crescent home, a couple and their daughter and son-in-law, were awake, smelled smoke and got out safely around 6:00 a.m., Capt. Mike Hicks told WVEC.com.

Crews could see smoke and flames as they arrived. The fire started in the sunroom and smoke filled the rest of the house.

The preliminary investigation indicates the fire was sparked by the extension cord to a space heater, Hicks added.

Kirby Crescent was closed for nearly two hours for the firefight.

Print
Email
|