NORFOLK--Five people were displaced by a house fire Thursday night.
The call came in around 9:06 pm for the fire in the 4900 block of Atterbury Street.
Firefighters reported smoke visible from the rear of the residence when they arrived. They quickly knocked down the fire. Utilities had to be secured at the home.
According to Fire Chief Julian Williamson, the fire started in a dryer located in the utility room.
No one was home when the fire broke out and the house has been condemned.
Two adults and three children were displaced.
The Red Cross is assisting the residents. No one was injured.