2 displaced after fire in Norfolk apartment

2 displaced after fire in Norfolk apartment

2 displaced after fire in Norfolk apartment

Print
Email
|

by 13News Now

WVEC.com

Posted on January 6, 2014 at 6:17 AM

Updated Monday, Jan 6 at 6:41 AM

Norfolk apt. fire

View larger map

NORFOLK-Two people were burned out of their home after fire started in their kitchen.  

It happened just before 8:30 p.m. Sunday in the 1200 block of Lead Street.

Crews arrived to find lots of smoke coming from the front door of the two-story apartment building. They found the fire in the first floor kitchen.

The two residents weren't hurt, but they can't stay at their home because of fire and fire damage. The Red Cross is helping them with lodging, food and clothing assistance.

The cause of the fire has been determined as unattended cooking materials.

Print
Email
|