Woman in wheelchair rescued from apartment fire

Woman in wheelchair rescued from apartment fire

Credit: Rick Dillow, 13News Now Photojournalist

Woman in wheelchair rescued from apartment fire

Print
Email
|

by 13News Now

WVEC.com

Posted on July 24, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Updated Wednesday, Jul 24 at 5:03 PM

CHESAPEAKE -- A woman in a wheelchair was rescued from her upstairs apartment Wednesday after fire broke out in the unit below.

Crews responded to the fire in the 1100 block of Hull Street in Chesapeake around 2:30 p.m. 

Officials said the fire was started by unattended cooking and the damage was contained to the kitchen. 

A family of four was displaced from the first floor unit. 

The woman in the upstairs unit refused medical treatment.  No other injuries were reported.

Print
Email
|