Occupant gets out of house fire uninjured after hearing smoke alarm

Occupant gets out of house fire uninjured after hearing smoke alarm

Credit: Justin Gilliam, 13News Now

Occupant gets out of house fire uninjured after hearing smoke alarm

Print
Email
|

by 13News Now

WVEC.com

Posted on September 13, 2013 at 5:09 PM

NEWPORT NEWS -- Crews responded to a house fire in the 100 Block of Parkway Drive in Newport News Friday afternoon.

Heavy smoke was showing when firefighters responded around 2:45 p.m.

Officials said a smoke detector alerted an occupant, who got out before the arrival of the fire department.

Officials said the fire started in the kitchen and appears to be accidental.

There were no reported injuries.


 

Print
Email
|