Man, teen relative among four accused in Newport News attack

Man, teen relative among four accused in Newport News attack

Man, teen relative among four accused in Newport News attack

Print
Email
|

WVEC.com

Posted on May 11, 2012 at 9:28 AM

NEWPORT NEWS -- A man and teenage relative are charged in the mob attack of a man on 25th Street last month.

Police say 21-year-old Dominique Newsome and a 16-year-old girl were among four people who knocked the man to the ground and then beat and kicked him. The girl hit him in the face with an unknown object, causing a major laceration, MPO Donald D. Watt, Jr. told WVEC.com.

Watt says they stole the man's Taser gun and a HTC cell phone.

"The 27-year-old victim recognized the girl as an acquaintance," Watt noted.

He was taken to the hospital for treatment.

The case remains under investigation.

Print
Email
|