Man escapes fire sparked by space heater

Man escapes fire sparked by space heater

Man escapes fire sparked by space heater

Print
Email
|

WVEC.com

Posted on March 23, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Updated Saturday, Mar 23 at 10:59 AM

NEWPORT NEWS -- A man was able to escape an early morning house fire on Saturday.

According to a press release, crews responded to a structure in the 900 block of 17th Street around 12:30 a.m.

Heavy flames were visible from the front of the two story home. Firefighters were able to gain control of the blaze at 1:39 a.m.

The cause of the fire has been ruled accidental. Investigators believe it may have started because of items being too close to a space heater. 

The resident escaped injury, but one firefighter suffered a minor knee injury.

The firefighter was transported to Riverside Regional Medical Center. He was treated and released.

 

Print
Email
|