Man airlifted following Newport News kitchen fire

Print
Email
|

by 13News

WVEC.com

Posted on June 14, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Updated Friday, Jun 14 at 4:55 PM

NEWPORT NEWS-- A Newport News man was airlifted by Nightengale for burns he suffered during a house fire Friday.

Officials say the man has significant burns on 10-15% of his body.  No word on his condition. 

Crews responded to the 1200 Block of 28th Street around 2:30 p.m. for an accidental kitchen fire. 

The structure sustained minor damage.

Officials say there were no operable smoke detectors in the house.

The NNFD will install free smoke detectors for any Newport News homeowner.  Call the Smoke Detector Hotline at 926-8009 to make arrangements.

Print
Email
|