Dryer fire damages Newport News apartment

Print
Email
|

by 13News Now

WVEC.com

Posted on February 26, 2014 at 7:21 AM

NN dryer fire

View larger map

NEWPORT NEWS -- A dryer fire damaged an apartment in Newport News.

 

It happened around 6 p.m. Tuesday at the complex on Bellfield Drive.

It took about 15 minutes to get the fire under control and there was enough damage that the residents couldn't stay there.

If you live in the city and need a smoke detector, the Newport News Fire Department will give you one and install it for free. Call the “Smoke Detector Hotline” at 926-8009 to make arrangements.

Print
Email
|