Hampton family of 5 displaced by dryer fire

Hampton family of 5 displaced by dryer fire

Hampton family of 5 displaced by dryer fire

Print
Email
|

by 13 News

WVEC.com

Posted on January 7, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Updated Tuesday, Jan 8 at 8:32 AM

HAMPTON-- A fire that started in a clothes dryer heavily damaged a home Monday afternoon.

Fire units were called to  the 800 block of Hedrow Terrace in the Northampton section of the city around 2:55 p.m. The fire started in the dryer and then spread to the attic.

A family of 5 was displaced and is being cared for by the Red Cross.  There were no injuries.

Firefighters estimate there was about  $45,000 to $50,000 worth of damage done to the house.
 

Print
Email
|