CHESAPEAKE-- Firefighters were called to an attic fire in Chesapeake Friday night that displaced one person.
Fire units were called to the 1800 block of Jolliff Road around 7:08 p.m...When they arrived, there was heavy smoke coming from the attic.
A woman who was asleep in the house at the time the fire started got out ok.
The fire was mainly confined to the attic with heavy smoke damage throughout the rest of the house.
Early indications were that the fire was started by an electrical short in a ceiling fan.
The house was condemned by the fire department and the woman was staying with family Friday night.