Short in ceiling fan causes house fire in Chesapeake

Short in ceiling fan causes house fire in Chesapeake

Short in ceiling fan causes house fire in Chesapeake

Print
Email
|

by 13 News

WVEC.com

Posted on March 22, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Updated Thursday, Oct 24 at 12:49 PM

CHESAPEAKE-- Firefighters were called to an attic fire in Chesapeake Friday night that displaced one person.

Fire units were called to the 1800 block of Jolliff Road around 7:08 p.m...When they arrived, there was heavy smoke coming from the attic.

A woman who was asleep in the house at  the time the fire started got out ok. 

The fire was mainly confined to the attic with heavy smoke damage throughout the rest of  the  house.

Early indications were that the fire was started by an electrical short in a ceiling fan.

The house was condemned by the fire department and the woman was staying with family Friday night.
 

Print
Email
|