Posted on January 31, 2014 at 11:55 PM
Saturday, Feb 1 at 12:02 AM
CHESAPEAKE -- A fire destroyed a detached garage in Hickory Friday night.
Firefighters received the call of an active fire in the 900 block of Head of River Road around 8:30 p.m., according to the Chesapeake Fire Department.
Crews arrived minutes later and found heavy smoke and fire coming from the garage.
It took firefighters about ten minutes to control the blaze. No injuries were reported.
Investigators say leaking fuel from a vehicle inside the garage sparked the fire.