Crews put out fire at Chesapeake church

Crews put out fire at Chesapeake church

Crews put out fire at Chesapeake church

Print
Email
|

by 13News

WVEC.com

Posted on November 21, 2012 at 5:14 PM

Updated Wednesday, Oct 30 at 10:24 AM

CHESAPEAKE-- Firefighters responded to a fire at a Chesapeake church Wednesday afternoon.

When crews arrived at the Rapture Bible Training and Worship Center located at 1425 Gust Lane they found light smoke in a rear room of the building.

They were able to put the fire out within half an hour.

According to Chesapeake Fire Department Capt. Scott Saunders, the fire appears to have started when an electric space heater come into contact with some sort of combustible. 

Saunders says the fire appears to be accidental. 

The church was unoccupied at the time and nobody was injured.

 

 

 

Print
Email
|