Chesapeake house fire Jackson Ave.
CHESAPEAKE-Three people can't stay in their home because fire broke out Wednesday afternoon.
Chesapeake investigators were called to Farange Drive, in the Deep Creek area, just before 2:00 p.m.
They arrived to find smoke filling the two-story home, said Captain Scott Saunders.
He said the cause of the fire appears to be accidental, starting in the area of the family’s Christmas tree.
The family has insurance and it working with the company to make get another place to stay, Saunders added.