Chesapeake townhouse fire believed started by unattended candle

Chesapeake townhouse fire believed started by unattended candle

Chesapeake townhouse fire believed started by unattended candle

Print
Email
|

by 13 News Now

WVEC.com

Posted on October 15, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Updated Tuesday, Oct 15 at 9:06 PM

CHESAPEAKE – One adult and six children are displaced Tuesday night after a fire damaged their townhome in the Bowers Hill section of the city. 

Fire crews were called to the 4000 block of Sloop Trail just before 7:30 p.m. 

The found fire coming from the second floor of the two-story townhome.  The fire was brought under control in less than 20 minutes, but the damage left the home uninhabitable. 

There were no injuries, and the Red Cross is assisting the displaced family. 

A candle left unattended is believed to have caused the fire.

Print
Email
|