CHESAPEAKE--A Christmas tree fire damaged a home in the Great Bridge section of the city Monday evening.
Firefighters reponded to the fire in the 200 block of Fresno Drive around 8:24 pm. When they arrived they found the one story home filled with smoke.
According to Fire public information officer, Scott Saunders, the fire was out upon their arrival.
The fire damage was contained to the Christmas tree and the immediate surrounding area.
The cause of the fire appears to be accidental, possibly related to a candle too close to the Christmas tree.
There were no injuries, and no one was displaced.