Electrician/Generator Services Specialist
Gault Electric LLC
Newport News, Virginia 23606
Hours of Operation
- Monday - Friday:8:00 a.m – 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday:9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- 24 Hour Emergency Service Available
Class "A" Contractor #2705-081358
· Free Estimates, Fair Rates
· Up-front pricing
· 24-hour emergency service
· Licensed and Insured
· Background Check on all Employees
· Alcohol & drug-free workplace
* Full line of Generators including: Generac, Eaton, Guardian, Carrier, Bryant, Honeywell, Briggs & Stratton, GE, Rheem and Winco
* Fans - ceiling, attic, bath
* Lights - indoor, outdoor, recess, chandelier, pole, under-cabinet, flood
* Switches, outlets, dimmers, and time clocks
* Appliances - range hoods, microwaves, ovens, cooktops
* Wiring for hot tubs, jet tubs and pools
· Fuse and breaker box replacement
· Meter base replacement
· Troubleshooting and repairs
· Real estate closing repairs
· Electrical "Honey-Do's"
· Home Additions
· Bucket Truck
· Generator Installs, Maintenance and Service
· 24 Hour Emergency Service Available
We were very pleased with the
service we recieved when Gault
installed our electrical panel
and standby generator. We have
trusted them for many years and
will continue to use their services
in the future.
- Mr. and Mrs. Cannon of Hampton
Gault Electric did a great job
installing our new generator!
- Mr. and Mrs. Wood
of Newport News
- Liz Moore, Owner, Liz Moore & Associates
- Dr. Titus of Yorktown
- Dave Wright
- Forrest E. Bassett
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I determine what size Generator I need?
- Getting a generator that can handle all your power generation needs is one of the most critical aspects of the purchasing decision. Whether you are interested in prime or standby power, if your new generator can't meet your specific requirements then it simply won't be doing anyone any good because it can put undue stress on the unit and even damage some of the devices connected to it. Determining exactly what size of generator to get is often very difficult and involves a number of factors and considerations. Call Gault Electric for more information.
- What kinds of services does Gault Electric provide?
- Here at Gault Electric, we provide many residential electrical services for the home, including, lights, ceiling fans, receptacles, trouble-shooting, appliance installation, panel replacement, and generators.
- What can I expect from Gault Electric?
- From the start you will be greeted by a friendly voice who will hear your concerns and/or needs. We will quickly evaluate your request and advise you whether you need advice, an estimate, or a service call. Upon our evaluation, we will do everything possible to get your needs met that same day.
- Why should Gault Electric install my generator?
- Gault Electric has successfully installed over 800 generators. In addition to installing generators, we have a team of factory trained technicians who can service and maintain nearly every manufacturer. We have a warehouse stocked with the most common parts to ensure speedy service.
- What is the smallest electrical job Gault Electric will perform?
- All joking aside, we have customers where we change their light bulbs. We are the small job specialist; from changing a light switch, replacing batteries in a smoke detector, or resetting a GFCI outlet that doesn’t work. Call us for anything! We will treat you the same – small job or large job.
- Does Gault Electric work on weekends?
- We here value our family time on nights and weekends. However, we know that emergencies can occur at the most inconvenient time. For these situations, we have an estimator that works every Saturday and we have an on-call electrician for 24 hr. emergency service.
- What kinds of payments does Gault Electric accept?
- Gault Electric gladly accepts cash, checks, money orders, MasterCard, Visa, and Discover.
Just a reminder, we have financing up to 12 months, same as cash, for those unexpected emergencies.
- If I have a question, can I call Gault Electric and speak to an electrician?
- Generally speaking, there is an electrician in the office from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Mon. – Fri., who would be more than willing to “talk shop.” If for some reason, the electrician is out, the office will contact one of our electricians in the field to answer your question promptly.
- How long has Gault Electric been in business?
- Gault Electric has been an electrical licensed contractor since 1995. We currently hold a Class-A License in the state of Virginia. We are currently working on the Unlimited License in the state of North Carolina. We have had the pleasure of serving the community in the past and look forward to providing the same professional quality service for many more years to come.
- What areas does Gault Electric service?
- Gault Electric proudly services the entire Virginia viewing area of Channel 13. New for the summer of 2012, Gault Electric will begin servicing Eastern North Carolina and the Outer Banks.
- How often should I have my electrical service inspected?
- As a safety general rule-of-thumb, it is recommended that you have your house electrically inspected every 20 years in houses with copper wire and every 5 years in houses with aluminum wire. This inspection is to ensure that connections have not gotten loose over time (loose wires on receptacles and switches, due to normal wear-n-tear.)
- Does Gault Electric work on older homes?
- Yes. We are specialized in working on older homes. Most of our electricians have been in the trade 10-25 years and have knowledge of wealth and expertise. We also have the knowledge and expertise of knob tube wiring, BX, and low-voltage style wiring systems. Please note: older homes sometimes do pose problems because of lead paint (Gault Electric is EPA Lead Certified) and the inability to get parts (older fuse boxes, aluminum wired homes from the ‘60’s and ‘70’s.)
- Does Gault Electric repair broken generators?
- Yes. Not only do we install generators, we have factory trained technicians whose sole jobs are to maintain and repair generators; anything from a dead battery to an engine replacement. We have a warehouse stocked with the most common parts to ensure speedy service.
- Will Gault Electric wire a generator that I purchased?
- Yes. We have had customers in the past who have bought their generators via internet or box-store. We will gladly install, service, and maintain any generator.
- How often do I have to get my generator serviced?
- As a rule of thumb, Gault Electric changes the oil 6 months after the installation and does a full tune-up annually from the date of install or per manufacturer’s instructions. We have found those who have not generally maintained their generators the chance of breakdowns increase significantly.
- Does Gault Electric install kitchen appliances?
- Yes. With remodeling becoming more popular every day, you can give your kitchen a new makeover by simply changing the appliances. Gault Electric will help with the removal, measurements, and installation of your new appliances.
- I am doing a renovation. Will Gault Electric work with my builder?
- Yes. Gault Electric works with many builders, remodelers, and weekend warriors to make your renovations as smooth as possible. We also can help with lighting design (i.e. under-cabinet lighting, recessed cans, and energy-efficient lighting.)
- Does Gault Electric provide same day service/estimates?
- Yes. Gault Electric will do everything humanly possible to accommodate same day service. Gault Electric has a full staff of electricians, electrical advisors, customer service representatives, and owners who will do whatever it takes to earn your business.